1927 Model Infantry Cannon. 76.2mm – Live Firing
The 76 mm regimental gun M1927 (Russian: 76-мм полковая пушка обр. 1927 г.) was a Sovietinfantry support gun. The gun was developed in 1927 by the design bureau of Orudiyno-Arsenalny Trest (OAT) and entered production in 1928. A total of 16,482 pieces were built. On June 22, 1941, the Red Army had 4,708 of these guns. In 1943 the gun was replaced in production by the 76 mm regimental gun M1943, but remained in service until the end of the war. The Germans placed captured guns into service as the 7.62 cm Infanteriekanonehaubitze 290(r) (infantry gun-howitzer), while in the Finnish army they were known as 76 RK/27.
The gun was intended for destruction of light field fortifications and openly placed personnel by direct fire. HEAT shell gave it limited anti-tank capabilities.
This genuine antique Cannon was manufactured in Russia in 1930. It is still in the original calibre of 76.2mm.
This Gun was made in great numbers by the Soviets but from 1939 many were captured and used by both the German Army and the Finnish Army. This particular type of gun was installed in Normandy as part of the German defence known as the Atlantic Wall.In German service the cannon was re-designated as 7.62 cm Infanteriekanonehaubitze 290(r) There are still examples of this cannon at the Maisey Battery, Normandy.
This is a genuine military relic. It can only be supplied for film or theatre contracts. It can only be supplied as part of our section 5 armoury service. A fully licensed and insured armourer must supervise the use of any live firearm.